Friday, August 17, 2007

mommy

my mom
is ima
my sis
types it
ema
technically,
its ima.

however.
whatever.

she is my light
the woman who
gave me life
created me
a seed
that grew
inside her
all that i am
because of her
through her
part of her.

whenever i speak
of my mother
i always
feel
love
and pain
fear
and
sadness.
she did
so well
all along
kindness
love
passion
all
embraced
embodied
passed on
from her.

i do not
at all
blame her
for believing
the things
that she was taught
because
some things
as much sense as they make
can not be
countered
because
thats
what
they
say.

a wedge
this truth
slammed
between us
and a wall
put
between
us.
more of
a fence
with windows.

i want
so badly
no longer
to split
our hearts
our lives
our beings
i am me
unique
different
but
i am
an extension
of you
your spirit
the spark
of my own
and never
no matter what
ever
can
anything
but you
be
the part
the it
the me.

my mom
i am your daughter
proud
loved
and
always
loving
you
forever
true
i am
all that you
wanted for me
i just
changed
the names
genders
roles
but
everything
my dream
yours
is true
is here
is mine
part
of you.

i need you
i always will
i love you
the first
woman
to have
my heart
teach
learn
need
you.

No comments: