Wednesday, July 11, 2007

melissa etheridge

....message to myself....

such a happy song. cant wait to see what Ty thinks. haha.

melissa etheridge.
amazing
such an incredible
strong
brillian
hero.

i have not felt like this
since 6 years ago
when i first discovered melissa
and now it is truly an awakening
the phoenix rising from her ashes
and we can start it all over again
this time
stronger
smarter
different
lighter

what drew me to melissa and tammy
was i understood them
i resembled them
and it made sense
thanks to them
my world made sense
and i didnt waste anytime
questioning
because if that blonde
from popular
can date an older woman
than gawd dang it
SO CAN I!!!

and there is nothing wrong with that
its beautiful
its truth
and its love

18
gay
and a book about the truth
that made so much sense
and the message rung strong in my mind
follow your heart
follow G-d
follow truth
and you will
be strong
be loved
be your dreams.

then you step foot
right behind the stage
the roxy
so foxy
blown away
that first night
with all the ladies
rainbow children galore
the light so bright,
fluoroscent even (energy saver!)
i was so small
wide eyed
in awe
and happy

i found me
over these years
i have grown
and so has she
the awakening hits sept they say
its about time i say
ill finally have a soundtrack
to the dreams that i am living
my reality
coming true
with you

recently i have thought
there must be some truth
in why religion says
you are complete
only whole
once you find
your soul mate
this is why you marry
this is why i married
once you mix
two bottles of water
you can never seperate them back
as they were
this
is
exactly
how my soul feels
mixed with my wifes

i bet thats how melissa feels
im sure its how tammy does
this is what love feels like
and in message to myself
the great mLe
reminds
love yourself
and you will find your one
because you have to be enough
if you want to fill another

in her great words
be strong
speak true

*peace*

No comments: