Saturday, March 15, 2008

dreams...feeling...real

dreams are so fascinating.
some people remember them
some claim not to dream
but how do you remember
what goes on
when your body rests
and your mind controls?

i realize that some people, their mind truly can rest
when they sleep, its silence, calm, peaceful
when i sleep, it is vivid, real, clear
the first few hours, usually pass quickly
my slumber
but i then i begin the dreams
in my dreams
i feel
i feel some emotions
i never have felt anywhere else
but in my dreams
fear, love, pain, pleasure
so intense
heart pounding
adrenaline rushing
dreams

i feel more in my dreams
than sometimes i feel in days

as a child
day dreaming
that is where i lived
as i grew up
the day dreams
there were no time
dealing with life
love
faith
day dreams put on hold
while i took care of
my physical
my body
my heart

and my mind
more than ever
craving those moments
where i can lay
and be still
or drive
and disappear
and return to the dreams
and feel
hope, truth, disappointment, anger

dreams are what remind me
to take every minute
and appreciate it
because there are many things
that could happen
that could change
and feelings
that i am yet to feel
await
because
there is plenty of moments left
to my existence
and my presence

i want to feel
i need to feel
i need to become
whatever it takes
to feel
how my mind
and body
crave for me
to feel.

No comments: