Tuesday, February 26, 2008

going back

i just want to go back
to being me
not in all ways
certain ways
the motivated
dreamy
focused me.

sometimes
i want to go back
to the depressed
suicidal
manic me.

i even think
of going back
to the promiscious me
this time slightly diff
with a blurred view
without losing
the purity
and being
carefree.

but
i never
think
of going back
to the lonely me
teased me
forgotten me.

and i remember
all those me's
what they have taught me
where they have brought me
who i am today
me.

so
if i have lost
some of my better traits
and if i have gained
some baggage
and shielded views
its not about going back
because i know where i have been
its about moving forward
and deciding where im going.

so i just need to work harder
focus longer
and CLEAN
up my act
my room
my path.

the bunny is cruisin
with my lady snoozin
the music boomin
and my shades guiding
my light
my sight
my path
me.

No comments: