Thursday, August 2, 2007

my school

my school gave me the chance
then they tried to take it away
i must now stand up
and fight
and prove
that there
is reason
to believe
in me
my future
my value.

my school
may not be
great
or something
special
but my school
is my school
and they
took me
as i was
and now
they
realize
it may be
different

but
you know what
thats ok
i have two years
to shape their minds
their thoughts
and ideas
and spread the light
justice
equality
really
to everyone

and when
they go on
and serve
the public
and the
people
and represent
equality
justice
fairness
they will
have
the light
in them
the gates
open
ideas
outside
the lines
and boxes
colors
galore.

this is my school
this is my duty
this is my commitment.

i want to lead
well
i have no map
and here i am
i am either
going to get lost
or step up
take a stand
and follow
my
guiding
light.

my school
i must love
because
my school
loves
me.

No comments: